Monday, June 23, 2008

The true story of when Little Man met his doppelganger

I want to tell this story from a non-lil man point of view....considering by the time Little Man met his Doppelganger, he had an excess to drink. He was drunk by the time I met him at 7:30, having been bar hopping solo in the city then awaiting my arrival at a Brooklyn bar with a glass of scotch and a beer. He was, at this point, offensive to others (definitely not me as I do not offend easily). While at dinner over Indian food, Little Man had googly eyes and was screaming way too loudly about vaginas and "hairy cups."

By the time we got to Dave's friend's party, Little Man insulted several people, including the host. Little Man threw trash on the host's birthday cake plate while he was eating his own birthday cake. To which the host replied " wow, seriously dude, that's fucked up." Little Man made some more offensive comments to others, including a comment directed to the South American guest named Hugo, little man screamed " Can you believe this guy's name is Google!?!?"

Now, the moment of reckoning came when I noticed that Dave's coworker was in attendance, sitting on the couch. He is not a dwarf, nor a midget, but rather a true "little man" coming in at about 4'10". I saw impending doom and disaster as he came over to say hello to us. Now, Dave made the initial mistake of introducing Nick to the real little man as "Little Man," I mean, how else do you introduce Nick to people? Certainly not as "Nick." So, I could see, immediately, in Dave's eyes, as the words came out of his mouth, that he knew he had fucked up. So, here is the question.... if you were Nick Little Man, do you:

1) say " Nice to meet you" to the real little man and go about your business
2) begin a long winded and unspecific explanation of why your nickname is Little Man, that can be seen as incredibley insensitive to outside observers.

The real Little Man replied with "Yeah, I can understand...." and walked away on his little legs.

Our Little Man claims that he didn't realize that the real Little Man was a little man, even though he was Nick's height while Nick was sitting and he was standing. There were many gaping mouths.

I thought it was fucking hilarious, others did not. I mean, when the fuck will Little Man have a meeting with a true little man in my presence. Allah hath alligned the stars for such.

Don't worry Little Man, Dave apologized for you.

I love you unconditionally.

2 comments:

Squawbrey said...

Actually, the real little man said "I wouldn't know anything about that" dripping with sarcasm. Not, "Yeah I understand." I'm working on my journalistic accuracy, Elliot.

Vagrunt said...

it is Elliott while you're at it :)